Tax Due Dates
Important Tax Due Date Details
- Corporate Tax Deposit Dates: corporate tax deposits are due on the 15th of the 4th, 6th, 9th, and 12th months of the fiscal year.
- Individual Tax Deposit Dates: Federal and Colorado deposits are typically due on the 15th of April, June, September, and January.
- Legal Holiday Exemptions: when a due date falls directly on a legal holiday, the taxes owed are due on the next business day.
Payroll Tax Deposit Dates and Details
- Payroll Deposits: payroll deposits are generally made on a semi-weekly or monthly basis. Dates are determined by taking note of reported taxes for the 4 quarters ending the previous June 30th of a calendar year.
- $50,000 or less: any employer reporting tax deposits of less than $50,000 will make monthly (on the 15th of each consecutive month) deposits.
- $50,000 or more: employers generating more than $50,000 in tax deposits must make semi-weekly deposits. When a payday falls on a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, a deposit must be made by the Wednesday following the original pay due date. Otherwise, deposits are due by the Friday following the original payment due date.
- $100,000 or more: companies that generate more than $100,000 in tax deposits must make all deposits by the following business day.
- New Firm Deposits: all new companies must make monthly deposits.
Need help with all of these deposits and due dates? Ask us about our Full Service Accounting Package. We’ll let you know when taxes are due. We’ll go one step further too: we’ll fill out all forms, so that all you have to do is write a check and follow the enclosed instructions (included in a pre-addressed envelope).